September 22 was the big broad-winged hawk day near Easley. I saw more than
50 flying over our house during about and hour and half in the morning and
another dozen after work in the late afternoon. There was also a red-tailed
hawk with the broad-wings and a red-shouldered hawk near our pond. The
migrant species count is decent, but aside from black-throated greens,
Nashville, and n. parulas, it's mostly been 1-2 of each: blue-winged,
golden-winged, Tennessee, orange-crowned, Blackburnian, magnolia, Am
redstart, Wilson's and one probable bay-breasted. Had one Swainson's thrush
at the bird creek, and blue-headed, yellow-throated, red-eyed, and
white-eyed vireos remain fairly common. I've also seen multiples of
rose-breasted grosbeak and gray catbird.

Carl Gerhardt, Easley