Jack Hilsabeck and I ran the mist nets at Missouri Western State College in
Saint Joseph this morning from 6:30 AM until about 9:00 AM. (Before the rains
came!). Our total for the morning was four banded. Not a real auspicious
beginning!

One House Wren was in one of the nets but escaped before we could retrieve
it.

Indigo Bunting - 2 HY (hatching year, Hatched this year), one female, one male
Catbird - 1 HY sex UK (unknown)
Northern Cardinal - 1 AHY (after hatching year, i.e. an adult) a female

Last year we really began netting a lot of birds on August the 30th. Perhaps
in one week we can repeat last years performance!

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, Buchanan County