Jim Jackson and I found a few shorebirds at Clarence Cannon NWR and at the Winfield slough near the lock and dam yesterday morning (8/17).
At CCNWR were greater and lesser yellow legs, semipalmated plover, stilt sandpiper, solitary, least, semipalmated, pectoral, western and one baird's sandpiper.  All the swallows except tree were there, too.  We saw a small flock of bobolinks in buffy yellow fall plumage and saw and heard several sedge wrens. We saw a few wood ducks, blue winged teal, mallards and one shoveller in the diminishing water.
At the lower end of the Winfield slough (downstream side of causeway) we saw five ruddy turnstones in fall plumage.  There were a few peeps, pectorals and many killdeer there also.
Good birding to all,
DRH
P.S. Prairie Slough is totally dry, but the marshes on the north /west side of route P have a bit of good habitat remaining.
Donald R. Hays
Union, MO