Shorebirds .........
Joe Eades went to Carlyle Lake, IL parking lot #3 on Tuesday evening.
Highlight was a breeding plumaged RUDDY TURNSTONE.
He had 12 species but only 100 individuals.

Rend Lake (out of the circle) has been hosting some good shorebirds with RED
KNOT, BUFF-BREASTED and a LEAST TERN being seen at the West Branch.

There is a CURLEW SANDPIPER being reported in Arkansas.

Be on the lookout, that small group of shorebirds could hold a goodie.

Other stuff.......

Re: SEDGE WRENS
LOTS of them singing away along Riverlands Way Road. Only time I SEE them is
to scan the area where I THINK the song is coming and then from that point
of position
scan about a half dozen yards either side and away.
They throw their voices and often sing just low enough in the vegetation so
it makes it hard to view them. Have patience and one will finally surface,
then you can get a scope view.
In my experience, pishing does NO good for me. They usually shut-up or I
chase then off.
Others may have different results.

RE: East St. Louis PABU
The East St. Louis Painted Bunting was seen by several people after Dan K
found them.
Mike Brady reported three a few (several?) weeks ago.
Some out of town birders dipped on the birds too.

Charlene Malone
St. Louis co
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati