A little closer to home......

Winfield Slough (officially Sandy Slough Road - the gravel road that runs
the length of the slough)
Lots of mudflats away from the causeway and down the gravel road.
MAJOR dearth of shorebirds, only found a few dozen birds (besides the
dominant Killdeer)
Highlights:
2 WESTERN juvies
rest pects, leasts and semipalms

Clarence Cannon NWR
Had the least shorebird habitat but the most variety
Highlights:
one AMERICAN GOLDEN PLOVER
2 STILT sandpipers
both yellowlegs, pects, leasts, semi-sands, several solitaries...typical
stuff
And NO I didn't see the &%$#^ rails. Fifth time looking.
My karma has slipped to the dark side. Probably would even chase away the RF
Falcon. :-P

All the Sod farms along the way
LOTS of Killdeer even at Keevan fields, but no pinheads (only driving on the
road) or buffies.
Probably wrong time of the day.

At least I have the hummer wars to entertain me.
Even in the green desert of West County, have at least 6-8 birds frequently
the feeders.
Most birds I have fed since putting up feeders.

Later,
Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.