I checked out the area today to see if the cold front brought anything new in.The North road was muddy after an inch of rain last night so walked that part. The number of BW Teal has increased to 300+ and N. Shovelers to 10. Saw one adult and one juvenile - buffy brown with greenish bill - Sora. Found 3 Imm Red-shoulderd Hawks around a shallow pool. One dropped down and came up with a gob of mud and vegetation and I assume some prey in its talons. It flew directly at me as I watched through my Binocs.It finally veered off slightly at less than 10 meters. Pretty neat watching a Hawk coming head on! Lots of Am Goldfinches in the big stands of wild sunflowers - some must be 10ft tall. Found a nest with 5 eggs in a large thistle.Some other birds seen today -
 Least Bittern- 4
Snowy Egret -1
Little Blue Heron - 1 Imm
Green Heron - 10 - maybe more
Blk -Cr Night Heron - 3 adult
Great Egret - 27
GB Heron - 14
Forester's Tern - 7
Kingfisher - 4
Coopers Hawk -1
Am Kestral -1
RN Pheasant - 1
Bobolink - 25
 Pus Mallards, Wooduck - 40, usual shorebirds
Yellow Warbler - 2
 Marsh Wren - 6 - thought they were gone as hadn't heard any for a while. Found out they are moulting and not singing much