Okay, I am changing my mind.  I went back down to Eagle Bluffs this evening
and was fortunate enough to relocate my Jimmy Durante sandpiper from this
morning. After studying him in different light, and watching him fly three
different times in the distribution channel and still being able to
re-locate him each time - I now believe he is a Western Sandpiper.  Too
small for a Sanderling or Dunlin, black legs - what I thought this morning
might be patterning on his chest, in fact, was just a little patterning on
the "shoulders" and did not extend onto chest or chin.  So, pretty much of a
white chin and chest; he still has the white eyebrow but the clincher was
when he turned just right in the sun you could see a line of rufus coloring
on the left side scapular area - couldn't ever get the right side in the
right light. And, of course, he has that schnoz.

Also of note were a couple of Black Terns working the area, and two
Semi-palmated Plovers.  A juvie Cooper's Hawk sat right in the middle of the
gravel road on the one way loop.

Jean Leonatti
Boone County, Columbia, MO