Three of us birded REDA and the confluence this morning.  At the 90 degree
turn on the road to the confluence we had:
1 Semipalmated Plover
Greater Yellowlegs
Lesser Yellowlegs
Spotted Sandpiper
Semipalmated Sandpipers
Least Sandpipers
Pectoral Sandpipers
Killdeer

At the puddles on both sides of the road before the 90 degree turn we had a
mixed flock of over 300 birds, 3/4 of which were Great Egret.  The rest
included  Snowy Egret, Little Blue Heron and Great Blue Heron.  Quite a site!  Saw a
mature Bald Eagle fly across the Mississippi at the confluence point.  Many
swallows, mostly Bank and Northern Rough-winged, and large flocks of black
birds, mostly Red-winged and Starlings.  Didn't see any terns and few gulls.  Had a
Western Sandpiper in a puddle along Cora Island Road.

Pat Lueders
Webster Groves, MO