This afternoon I observed a female Downy Woodpecker foraging from our hummingbird feeder. She used the attached perches and commenced to forage from the feeder. Has anyone observed this sort of behavior before? Never did see the male Ruby-throat try and defend the feeder while the Downy was present.

Wes Bailey
Columbia, MO