We have apparently scratched our eyepiece on our Kowa scope with our
digital camera.
Harold has contacted Eagle Optics and they will sell us a new eyepiece for
$309.
He has also contacted Kowa and we can send it in and they will replace the
lens but will give us no estimate on cost. They estimate the turn around
will be 3 weeks, so I don't know how I will do without my scope for 3
weeks even if it is scratched.

My question is: Has anyone had experience getting a lens replaced and
could tell us how much it might cost so we can decide if we should send it
in to Kowa to get it fixed or buy a new eyepiece. If you have had this
experience and replaced a lens, were you satisfied with the results?

Thank you to anyone who can shed some light on this problem.
Kathleen and Harold Anderson, Columbia