Last week I was in Minneapolis and was able to do a little birding. Thanks
to Don Arney, who loaned me  A Birder's guide to Minnesota, I had maps of
areas around Minneapolis and Hennepin County. I was visiting an area along
the Minnesota River on Black Dog Road by Black Dog Lake when a flight of at
least two hundred white pelicans soared over my head and landed in the lake.
Shortly after that there was another flight of 8 white pelicans. Could these
be part of the lost flocks of white pelicans from their breeding grounds?
Nancy L. Reicher
Kansas City, MO
Jackson County