Went back out this evening to look around and found that large numbers of
the previously listed species have left. Most species are still present
(exceptions are dunlin and black terns), just in very diminished numbers.
While watching a crisp, new western sandpiper juvenile I heard a
dinosaurian croak coming towards me. Two Caspian terns flew over at a
leisurely pace but never slowed or turned as long as I could see them. The
main attraction at this point huge numbers or egrets and herons.

Good birding!
Shane Pruett
Ten Mile Pond