Apologies for my letting several hours pass without my getting Jean
Leonatti's phone call posted to the list. (You know, sometimes "job
work" takes things out of your control.) Anyway, Jean phoned in to say
she had been at the south Callaway County, along Hwy 63, sod farms this
morning on her way to meetings in Jefferson City. She had hoped the
storms and the cold front would have dropped birds out of the sky. There
were lots of Killdeer and a flock of about 20 Pectoral Sandpipers, but
no Buffies.

Jean mentioned that she had looked at her bird sighting records from
last year. The numbers of Buff-breasted Sandpipers didn't appear for
another week or so. Perhaps we are a bit early in our expectations for
central MO.

Susan Hazelwood

Columbia, Boone County, MO