This brings a very vivid picture to the mind.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [log in to unmask]
> Date: Tue Aug 03, 2004  11:01:53 PM US/Central
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Janeen not Banding
>
> I'm passing a message on that Janeen will not be banding until the
> Coopers
> Hawks disperse.
>
> Diana Busey

Reminds me of the female Cooper's Hawk that watched me coming along the
Katy Trail in Boone Co.  She flew away and I forgot about her.  Half an
hour later I came to an area where the brush on my left had been burned
for a stretch of about 100 yards.  At the far end of the burned area
there were many birds in the brush.  As I approached, several flew.
Like lightening, the Cooper's came roaring from the hillside on the
right and grabbed a cardinal 20 feet from me.

I felt used!  I was stunned at the planning that had gone into that
attack.

Edge Wade
Columbia MO