I birded the North part of the area this AM. The dirt road was nearly dry.The Blue Grosbeak was singing in his usual spot at the corner just off Blacktop Y as I entered the area. Bell's Vireo also and could hear Marsh Wren closer to the water.Found a flock of 35-40 Bobolinks in the field south of road where it runs east towards the river. There were perching in sunflowers. Grasshopper Sparrows, Indigos, Dickcissels, Redwings, and Goldfinches in there too. Saw about 30 PB Grebes, mostly young ones in various stages of maturity. Some other birds seen today -
 Green Heron - 4
 GB Heron -10
 Gr Egret - 20
  Kingfisher - 2