Yesterday, July 21st, as I left my driveway in suburban Independence, an adult Cooper's Hawk shot across my street (Northern, near 35th). I have seen Cooper's Hawks dart across my street 2-3 times in the last 2-3 years, and I have seen them in the general neighborhood 4-5 more times in that time period. However, this was the first I have seen there in mid-summer.

I wonder what he was doing there.

Bob Fisher
Independence, Missouri