I went up to Clarence Cannon this morning to look for the King Rails.  I got there at 6:30 as others had and after a long wait was finally awarded with fantastic looks at the rails in the ditch along the road.  Highlights of the day were:

KING RAIL- 3 one female and two young
bobolink- at least 4 birds seen in a flock in one of the fields
least and solitary sandpipers, lesser yellowlegs
barred owl- 1 bird amazingly perched on a metal rod no thicker than two pieces of rebar
barn, bank, tree, cliff, N. rough winged swallows, and purple martins

Matt Andrews