This morning at Lake Contrary, Saint Joseph there were a few other species of
shorebirds besides the Killdeer. They included Spotted, Least, Pectoral and
one Western. Also putting in an appearance were three Black Terns. The only
waterfowl evident were the ubiquitous Canada Geese. Around Muskrat Lake were
Eastern and Western Kingbirds and three Scissor-tailed Flycatcher. I only saw one
Loggerhead Shrike there today. The Grasshopper Sparrows are still in the
pasture around Muskrat Lake. (Well, it used to be a lake!) The Lark Sparrow are
doing quite well in the area, I saw about fifteen of them. Also had one adult and
one juvenile Chipping Sparrow.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, Buchanan County