Okay, y'all, here's a question for the experts in bird health:  I just saw a
male cardinal at my feeder and the poor thing has no feathers on his head!
His mate and a begging youngster were with him and they seemed fine.  Does
he have an unusual disease?  And then the next question is: has he caught
something from the feeders and is there something I can do to prevent this
from happening to other birds?  I haven't seen any others in my yard with
similar afflictions.

I had fish crows flying over my house this evening, in west St. Louis
County.  I saw them last year too, not sure where they're coming from or
where they're headed.

Susan Eaton
Kirkwood, ST. Louis CO., MO