Subject: Re: Hummers (Recent BIG influx)
From: Judy Bergmann <judithbergmann AT HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:34:47 -0500

   I usually have a large population of hummers all summer, but this summer
the population was WAY down.  I was only feeding half or less of each feeder
all week (I have several), until I would just take them down and wash them -
as opposed to normally filling them at least once a day.  Then about last
Wednesday I noticed the feeders empty, and since then it is all I can do to
keep them with nectar.  I filled them three times a day over the weekend.
Yesterday I counted (or tried to count) at least 40  buzzing around at once.
    I, too, live in the Ozarks on the other (SE) side of the state.  Why the
sudden inundation??  And where were mine earlier?

Judy Bergmann
Wayne County