From: MO Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Jean
Leonatti
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 10:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: bees and hummers

Additionally, while we were in Arizona, we learned that some of the
homeowners set up one hummingbird feeder in one corner of the yard with a
3:1 sugar solution.  The rest of the feeders they keep at 4:1.  Supposedly
the higher sugar content keeps all the bees at the one feeder, leaving the
others feeders free for the hummers.  It seemed to be working.
Jean Leonatti
Boone County
Columbia, MO