I believe the purple martins are gathering. This morning on the utility
wires across entrance to our Church parking lot there were at least six
purple martins perched and flying in the air. I haven't seen them there
before, but we have purple martin houses scattered around over town. I'm not
sure where the nearest one is to that location. And, by the way, the
entrance to our Church parking lot is just west of the location of the
Western Kingbirds. This morning they came to Church also. The family of 4
were all perched directly above the driveway. We watched as a parent bird
fed one of the young. They were calling and flying. Why are some birds so
adapted to people and cars that they choose busy intersections and parking
lots and nest near/in storm sirens?

Jo Ann Eldridge, Kearney, Clay CO.