An FYI to the group.........

Over the last few months there have been some threads that have cropped up
about people's concern about bird populations declining.
Below are some things birders can do to help monitor bird populations or get
involved with other issues.

Home page of "Birds and Science"
http://www.audubon.org/bird/index.html

In my search for more information, I found Audubon's website with their
"Watchlist" of species that are of concern.
http://www.audubon.org/bird/watchlist/index.html

They also have a link to a list of things birders can do to help stop the
decline of  bird populations. (see URL below)
 http://www.audubon.org/bird/watchlist/bs-bc-what_you_can_do.html

The EASIEST thing mentioned was to GO BIRD and submit your results to ebird
(see URL below) Audubon's NEW online birding initiative in partnership with
the Cornell Lab of Ornithology.
http://www.audubon.org/bird/ebird/index.html

Educate yourself and act. :-)

Good birding,