I just got back from an amazing trip to Ontario.  We flew on pontoon planes out of Sioux Lookout into the middle of nowhere to our outpost cabin and fished for six days.  This was my third time taking this trip and this one may have been my favorite.  I did some birding while I was up there and saw two lifers as well as many other awesome birds.  We caught tons of fish and had a great time and it was really neat to see many of the birds that we see only as migrants in mo on their breeding grounds in such bright plumage and with such great views.

BOREAL CHICKADEE- 2 birds in camp
RUFFED GROUSE- 1 bird seen in camp, few others heard drumming
Merlin- 1 bird in the area
Bay Breasted Warbler- stunning looks at this bird very close to the cabin at eye level
Magnolia warbler- " "
Red-Necked Grebe- two birds seen nesting in a lake in Sioux Lookout
Pine Siskin- 2 birds hanging around camp
Broad Winged Hawk and Bald Eagles both nesting in the area
Least Flycatchers calling everywhere
Flyover Greater Yellowlegs, buffleheads, goldeneye, RB & C. Mergs.
It was an awesome experience being in a place where cedar waxwings and chipping sparrows far outnumbered the few grackles.

We also saw a lot of neat Mammals including:

Black Bear (in camp-a spooky situation)
Caribou
Beaver
Marten
Skunk
WT Deer
dipped on moose this trip which are usually seen

Matt Andrews