> Antonio Tabucchi included a note at the end of the novel, stating that the
> name of the main character was inspired by Eliot's passage «What about
> Pereira?» in Sweeney Agonistes. I must admit I have never read the passage.
> Could anyone post it?

The work is copyrighted and I didn't find any bootleg copies on the
web but check out this page:
   http://www.mek.iif.hu/porta/szint/tarsad/irodtud/engnovel/engnovel.htm

And the following reports on a John Hayward donation:
    http://janus.lib.cam.ac.uk/db/node.xsp?id=EAD%2FGBR%2F0272%2FHB%2F2%2FV%2FHB%2FV%2F7A

    Title 'Sweeney Agonistes' Reference HB/V/7A Covering Dates (Undated.)
    Extent and Medium 1 volume; paper Content and context

    Early typescript with a few deletions, entitled 'Pereira or the
    Marriage of Life and Death, a Dream', the subtitle crossed out and
    'The Superior Landlord' substituted in manuscript, 8 pp. Typescript
    carbon of another draft, 12 pp. Copy of letter, 18 Mar. 1933, from
    T.S. Eliot to Hallic Flanagan inserted, giving an alternative ending.

By the way, I didn't have any luck with your Ravenna request.

Regards,
    Rick Parker