Dave Rogles called me to tell me that he has a sub adult LAUGHING GULL at
Riverlands EDA, St. Charles co.
It is located now in the bay next to the Ellis Island parking lot (the
parking lot off the road that goes under the Clark Bridge. Many people
parked there to observe the Smew)

The water is WAY down and attracting a lot of birds.
He also saw in amongst the River Debris:
3 DUNLIN
TWO LEAST TERNS - on the Least Tern Island(!!). Look for breeding, after
they lay their eggs..... the River will suddenly rise.;-)
 a few FRANKLIN'S GULLS
2 CANVASBACKS, male
2 SHOVELERS
one strange possible gadwall/mallard combo female bird.

Pelican numbers have gone up and he is wondering if some of the birds are
not juveniles.
He is unsure of the appearance of juvenile plumage and is wanting input from
more experienced birders. He will post later with his observations and
questions concerning this.

Good birding,
Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.