If you are planning a trip to Florida this fall/winter and will be in the Ft.
Myers/Naples area, don't miss a visit to Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary.  A great
Audubon of Florida Sanctuary only 15 miles from I-75 between Ft. Myers and
Naples, it is the home of many species of wildlife, but according to the wildlife
rangers/volunteers, the migration season is pretty amazing.  There is a 2.5
mile hike on a boardwalk through the swamp that at any time of year is amazing.
 Just walking through the swamp and listening was a treat in itself.  During
the winter months there are guided tours on Thursday mornings or I think you
can plan a group tour with 10 or more in the off season.
I'm sure the experienced birders are aware of this area, but I wanted to let
those of you who read MOBiIRDS, who may be just starting out like me, about a
wonderful place to visit.  It was great to have Ding Darling on Sanibel and
Corkscrew within 90 minutes of each other!
There is a $10.00 admission fee, $5.00 for Audubon Society members.  And if
you are the ultimate tourist, also like me, a great gift shop!
If you would like any more information, please feel free to email me
privately.
Jeanne Giebe
St. Louis, MO