I was out at the Thompson River wetland yesterday morning. Most of the waders that had been using the area left earlier in the week. I only found 3 Little Blue Herons and 2 Great Egrets.No Cattle Egrets. Saw 1 Black-crowned Night Heron. Also found another PB Grebe nest. There was an adult with 4 striped babies nearby. They are very cute.Saw 1 Coot and 1 male N Shoveler. Did find a couple new surprises for the area - 2 Upland Sandpipers and 2 Least Bitterns.  There was a N Mockingbird along Hyw.Y and a Coopers Hawk flew over.
  This afternoon Dianne and I walked the wetland boardwalk at Fountain Grove CA. We saw 2 Least Bitterns fly across and drop down into the marsh. The marsh looks so good this year - I think there are probably several of them nesting there. Heard a Prothonotary singing in the trees on the south end. Bobolinks and Sedge Wrens were in the field east across the road.
 Later, Steve Kinder
 Chillicothe, Livingston Co.