I found the two adult Sandhill Cranes at Grand Pass CA , Saline Co. this AM. They were in a field in the NE Corner of the area. I think this is 8 or 9 years now that they have been there. They had a small chick last year but I guess it did not survive. The water level in the marsh areas - pools 7,8 and 9 were lower than I expected - didn't see much there. A few late Ducks still there in deeper pool;
N PIntail - a pair
Gadwall
Ringed-neck Duck - 2 Males
also there -
Willow Flycatcher - 4
Bell's Vireo - 3
YB Chat - 2
Checked out a new MODOT mitigation site wetland North of Lexington, Ray Co. this afternoon. This is due to wetlands lost from construction of the new bridge over Mo River at Lexington. This site is on gravel road - Long Lake road I think, north off Hyw J which goes east from Hyw 13. Interesting area - not much happening on a very warm and windy day. Did see 2 Upland Sandpipers and a very late Baird's Sandpiper. A few Mallards and some Canada Geese with young. I have agreed to help with bird list, so if anyone visits I would appreciate knowing what you see. Thanks!
Saw a Great-tailed Grackle east of Hyw 65 in Carrol Co.
 This evening Dianne and I drove out to Thompson R. wetland. Still good number of Little Blue Herons, Cattle, and Great Egrets coming in to roost in the willows - evening best time to see them. Did not see any Night Herons, but may not have stayed late enough.
  Later, Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.