Sandy Elbert and I spent the morning with a group a birders from Rolla who
were visiting Columbia. Sightings were few, but we had great looks at the birds
we did see.

Columbia Wetlands #1 - Common Moorhen

Eagle Bluffs CA - primarily out the one-way to and on the Sapp Tract -
The two adult Eagles flew from and back to the nest.
Two Least Terns flying around the Sapp Tract land (thanks to Jim Rathert for
that find)
Great looks at Orchard Oriole, Bluebird, Spotted Sandpiper (the lone
shorebird in Pool 10), Dickcissels (which were everywhere), Song Sparrow, Common
Yellowthroat,and the usual EBCA birds. Heard Warbling Vireo, Yellow-billed Cuckoo.

The Black-crowned Night-herons in Pool 11 were not found. Nor were the Wood
Ducks and Hooded Mergansers with their chicks out and about today - at least
not where we were.

Good company for the morning! We hope the Rolla folks will visit again.

Joyce Bathke
Columbia, Boone County