  A census  sortie this evening to see what birds are nesting in the LCC
marsh turned up some new birds,some surprises.
 -
 -Several Least Bitterns are nesting/attempting to nest.
- Possible nesting blue-wing teal !!!
-Breeding plumage male ruddy duck with female ruddy duck.
 -I calling KING RAIL(hard to say if its been there a while or a transient)
-nesting yellow warblers
-3 willow flycatchers heard
 -nesting pied-bill grebes
-hooded merganser with young
 a dissapointment was no sign of any moorhens this evening
 another neat thing observed this evening was an eastern kingbird hovering
over the marsh and gently dipping down to get a drink exactley like a swallow
and a muskrat collecting vegetation for its muskrat casa a foot away from me.
 PLEASE DO NOT go hammering through the marsh for the birds sake and your
sake looking for stuff! I cant emphasize this enough!! Putting this info out
there in good faith.One can get an excellent view of the entire area from the bike
path at the north end of the marsh.It overlooks the marsh and you can usually
easily see Least Bitterns moving around in the early morn or evening
hours.Its also just not safe.Its pretty deep in spots  this year and there alot more
of underwater snags to trip over(i personally took a swim earlier this spring
when)
 Except for some of the metro east marshes LCC is the last bit of decent
wetland left in the St Louis area.Looks like it may be turning out to be another
good year there with some of the stuff nesting and that may be nesting
good birding
-Mike Brady