Well, yesterday I finally got a Wilson's Warbler for this year. It had been
evading me up until yesterday. Some of the waterfowl which were seen: Snow
Goose (1), American Wigeon (1), Blue-winged Teal (30), Gadwall (50), Green-winged
Teal (1), Mallard (20), Northern Shoveler (15), Wood Duck (a pair), and Ruddy
Duck (a pair). The two eaglets are growing like weeds. They will probably
fledge before too long. There were not very many shorebirds, those seen: Spotted,
Semipalmated, Least and White-rumped. I saw two Forster's Terns and 25 Black
Terns. I only saw one American Coot, they must be hiding out in all the
Arrowhead vegetation! Both oriole species and Rose-breasted Grosbeaks seemed to be
everywhere. I did not see too many warblers. Those in evidence were American
Redstart, Common Yellowthroat and Northern Waterthrush. It was a nice day to be
out. I had a total of some 70 species.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, Buchanan County