I thought others may be interested in the following e-mail from Kevin Richmond (IL birder) who was also at REDA yesterday (5/23):

I was at Riverlands for about three hours at mid-day. As regards to
numbers
of shorebirds there at that time, I counted at least:

Black-necked Stilt - 2
Ruddy Turnstone - 6
Sanderling - 105
Semipalmated Sandpiper - 25
White-rumped Sandpiper - 5
Dunlin - 60
Franklin's Gull - 1
Sedge Wren - 5

Plus more common stuff. I got there too late for the Whimbrels,
Phalaropes,
and Scissor-tail.
I checked Two Rivers in the morning, but did not find anything
interesting.

As someone who has very extensive experience with shorebirds in
Illinois, I
can say that I was impressed by the number of Sanderlings, and the
great
views I got of everything there.

Kevin Richmond

Joshua Uffman