REDA, St. Charles Co.  10-11:30AM
It was 4-RED NECKED PHALAROPES....Seen very briefly by Joe Eades and Rad Widmer.   Those birds, along with the Whimbrel, Black Necked Stilts and the Scissor Tailed Flycatcher were not relocated as of 11:30AM.
However, I counted a total of 89 SANDERLINGS at REDA (including one group of 59 birds in Ellis Bay across from Heron Pond).....I was hoping to get 100 but it did not happen.

Other birds:
2-WHITE RUMPED SANDPIPER (possibly more)
-1 across from Wise Road
-1 across from Heron Pond
7 RUDDY TURNSTONE
3-across from Wise Road
4-On the Least Tern Island in Ellis Bay
Many Dunlin
1-Black Tern, flying around the Least Tern Island in Ellis Bay
1-Male Common Goldeneye, Near observation tower in Ellis Bay
2-Canvasback, in Ellis Bay on the river side of Ellis Island
Shorebirds were also on the Lincoln Shields side, but a little too far away for me....I could make out 6-Dowitcher Species.

Josh Uffman
St. Louis County, MO

John and Nancy Solodar <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Just received a call from Terry Barker who had been called by Jim Malone.
Jim reported that the whimbrels seen early this morning are gone, but that
they have been replaced by Phalaropes that are not Wilson's. I think that
Terry said that they were Red-necked, although I am no longer certain about
whether she said they were Red-necked or Red. (Old age creeping into al
already sieve-like brain). The former is much more likely.

John Solodar

* *
* To access the Audubon Society of Missouri Web *
* Site: http://www.mobirds.org *