Dianne and I counted 26 Cattle Egrets this AM near the Thompson River - later Doris saw 35 and Terry Mcneely counted 50 there this evening - guess they are multiplying! Of course there were Black Terns seen again - when I was not there! Dianne and I surveyed some of the storm damage east of here this evening - very strange what got hit and what was missed. Saw lots of flood waters along the way. Afterwards we walked the wetland
boardwalk at Fountain Grove. We heard one Least Bittern calling and later saw one fly across the marsh. Was hoping it would be a good year for them to nest after it went totaly dry last year. Right now the water is to high - was up to the bottom of the boardwalk on the west side and stiil rising. Hopefully it will soon go down some. There was at least 40 Great Egrets and 1 Cattle Egret that came it to roost in the trees southside of the boardwalk. This was about 7:15. Saw a Wood duck with 8 little ones.Bobolinks still in the field east across the road.
 Later, Steve