It is unfortunate that a Pectoral Sandpiper is not in the photo for
comparison.  The difference in size and other features would then be
more apparent.

Carl Gerhardt took photos in better light yesterday afternoon.

I can only note that my documentation on this bird includes note of the
bill relative to those of the pecs nearby, the size/shape relative to
the pecs and Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, the flare of the wingtips,
the droop of the coverts, the black axillaries (viewed when the bird
stretched wings), the smudgy streaks on the flank, etc.

Hope others get to see this bird.  AND I hope that appropriate behavior
is exhibited in its presence.  That is, keep the commotion to a
minimum.  Stay in the car and watch the fringes of the vegetation a mere
20-25 feet from the road.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO