The St. Louis Audubon Society is conducting a birding trip this weekend to
Shaw Nature Reserve in Gray Summit, MO.   The trip starts at the Shaw
Reserve visitors center at 7:30 AM.   Jim Malone and Mike Thelen will be the
leaders.

This is planned as an all day trip as we will be doing the Nature Reserve
first then, after lunch, we will head to nearby Robertsville State Park.
If you want to do just the Shaw Nature Reserve then leave that is fine.  In
any case the trip is free and open to anyone except for the $3.00 per person
that Botanical Garden, which runs Shaw, charges for non-members.    The
Reserve is a very birdy place and we have had excellent trips there in the
past.

To get there take I-44 west from I-270 to Gray Summit (Hwy 100).  Cross over
I-44 on Hwy 100.  Follow Hwy 100 one block to the right and enter the
Reserve on the left.    From the intersection of Hwy 40 and I-170
(Innerbelt) it takes about 45-50 minutes to get there.