FINALLY got to see the 2 male YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRDS at Creve Coeur Park this AM, 4/21/04.
Had my window down, so their vocalization helped in locating them (and a post from Josh. THANKS!)
The two males seem to be hanging together in the Disc/Frisbee Golf Course area, ACROSS the road (Marine Avenue) and the Sailboat Cove area.
Directions:
Take Creve Coeur Mill Road from OLIVE BLVD all the way to the stoplight at Maryland Heights Expressway. Turn right onto MH Express way and follow it to the MARINE AVENUE. Follow this road over the RR Tracks and into Creve Coeur Park. On your right will be Sailboat Cove. Go past the entrance to Sailboat Cove parking area, look and listen for the blackbirds to your left as you drive past the Frisbee golf course and park at the next parking lot to your LEFT.
The birds were only 30-40 yards out in the grass or up in one of the smaller trees. (20' high trees that are less leafed out)
One bird was still there at 1:48 PM when I drove by. It was near a gray steel box nearer to the road in this same grassy/dandelioned Frisbee golf course.

Another FOS for me, "Canadian geese", Mom and Pop, with 5 fluffy green tennis balls in tow.
How did I know they were "Canadian"?..... it was because of their accent and also saw that they had red maple leaves on their bellies. Honk, eh?

Had TN WARBLER and NO. WATERTHRUSH at Harbor Point, so imagine it was good at TGP.
How was the birding at TGP today?......Anyone?.....Anyone? ;-)

Good birding,
Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.