Hi,
  We're planning a big day route for May 1st as part of Lawrence Audubon's birdathon, and are looking for some advice.  It will be our first "real" big day, and we're very excited about it. Our tentative plans are to:
-Head out from home before sunrise, visiting Lake Clinton and Haskell-Baker Wetlands near Lawrence
-Work our way south to Marais Des Cygnes
-Head east to Schell-Osage and Taberville Prairie
-Work our way north through Montrose and James A Reed Wildlife Areas
-Stop off at my folks' house near Sibley, MO for lunch and a siesta

Then for the afternoon and evening, we have two choices:
1. Go northwest by way of Atherton Bottoms, Smithville Lake, and Lewis & Clark SP to Squaw Creek NWR, or
2. Go east by way of Grand Pass, Rocheport and Rock Bridge SP to Eagle Bluffs.

Our goal, of course, is to see and hear as many species as possible in a 24-hour period.  We'd also like to find good birding spots in each county we pass though, to add to our county lists.  If you like one of the two afternoon routes better, please let us know.  And also let us know if there are any "can't-miss" sites near our planned route that we shouldn't forget about.  You're welcome to contact us off-list.  And of course we'll be posting our sightings to MOBIRDS after our trip.

Thanks in advance,
Harley and Sarah Winfrey
Clinton, KS