Macon Lake, Long Branch Lake and Thomas Hill Reservoir in Macon and Randolph counties had little of interest this afternoon. Canada Geese, coots, and great blue herons were around but not much else. Water levels at Thomas Hill were about as high as I've ever seen them. I added two Ring-billed Gulls, one Bonaparte's Gull and numerous Double-cresed Cormorants to my tally while at Thomas Hill.

Best find of the day, for me, were the Harris's Sparrows along Golden Lane, which comes north off Hwy T in Macon county.

I also added my FOY Chimney Swift in southern Randolph County.

Susan Hazelwood
Columbia, MO