Thought I had sent this yesterday until I found that I did not. Sorry for the delay.

Babler State Park (see www.mostateparks.com for map and directions), West St. Louis co,
was the birdiest for me today.
Just drove the roads, sorry I don't know that much about the park to tell what area.
I have not birded this area very much myself.
Low land areas near the streams were birdiest, of course.

YELLOW-THROATED VIREOS - very vocal today and at several spots.
RED-EYED VIREO - FOS for me
WORM-EATING WARBLER - same thing
one singing OVENBIRD - first of season for me
TENNESSEE Warb. - FOS
Black & white, parula, LA waterthrush, yellow-throated warblers.
Fish crow
Warbling vireo - only two singing
No Blue-winged warbler though or W-E vireos (not that much secondary growth in the park)
Both Broad-winged and Red-shouldered hawks.
Many of the usual suspects (cardinals, chickadees, kinglets, gnatcatchers, etc)

Good Spring Birding,
Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.