We went to the Arboretum in Gray's Summit today.  There are still Pine Siskins coming to the feeders on the south side of the area office.  We then went to the area at the start of Brushy Creek Trail.  Highlights in that area were numerous House Wrens, an amazingly cooperative White-eyed Vireo that sat out in the open for us to observe, a Red-shouldered Hawk on its nest, and a fly by Merlin.  The trail itself produced a few birds.  A Worm-eating Warbler sang repeatedly, but would not come near us.  The Prairie field had numerous Henslow's Sparrows which were relatively easy to see.  Common Yellowthroats were calling in the brush, but would not come out to be seen.  A drive to Labadie allowed one car to get Lark Sparrow.
We then went to TGP.  It was not very active at that hour, but a few people saw Blue-winged Warbler or Orange-crowned in addition to the usual Hermit Thrushes, Brown Thrashers, etc.
Overall quite a good day if rather warm for the season.

David Becher