 called in(no tape just my own vocals) 2 WHIPPORWILLS early this morn to see
if any were around out at an area of far west St louis Co..For some reason i
often find doing a whip call will often bring in turkeys.Had 2 big toms come
hammering through and approached within 10 feet of me.
 As expected the south winds bringing   the warm spring weather is also
dumping the first influx of migrants in the area.
 heard singing throughout the day
 KENTUCKY,WORM-EAT,NASHVILLE,BLACK-THROATED
GREEN,BLACK-WHITE,REDSTART,WATERTHRUSH
 SUMMER TANAGER
 .The number of birds,ecspecially the real early migrants like
waterthrush,black-and white warblers,gnatcatchers seems alot lower than in years past this
spring
 -Mike brady