Some friends of ours have a RV parked at a motel, address is Greenfield,
near Stockton Lake. This past Tuesday or Wednesday (April 13, 14) Willa
observed two Bewick Wrens apparently thinking about nesting. They were going
in and out of the 5th-wheel hook-up area, then flying to a nearby perch,
singing all the time. (The RV has been and will be parked there for a
while.)

Willa said that last year, a pair of Bewick Wrens nested on the front porch
(in something, I'm not sure what) of a farmhouse that is in Jasper County
just north of Carthage. Her father-in-law lives in the farmhouse, and they
were able to easily observe the birds come and go. Since Stockton Lake and
rural Carthage are in the same general vicinity of the State, I'm assuming
the Bewick Wren is not at all unusual as a nesting species there. I suppose
I could get up and check the Missouri Birding Atlas and answer my own
question, but it would be more interesting to hear from someone who lives
around there.

Jo Ann Eldridge, Kearney, Clay CO