For those of you who suffer from Junco post-partum depression, here are some
incredible shots of them by my digiscoping idol, Mike McDowell, of
Wisconsin:

WisBirders,

Someone here recently stated "only a dearth of juncos" -- Yeah, to me
backyard birding isn't quite as exciting without all the little busy-bodies
at work, foraging, interacting with one another and other birds.  I watched
them many mornings and evenings.  Perhaps not the most thrilling voice, but
it's still a pretty song on its own or especially when combined in chorus
with many juncos.  The laser-gun sounds they make are super cool, though!
The "flashy" neotropical birds are coming, but here's a parting shot of some
of the Dark-eyed Juncos that visited our backyard:

Close-up:

http://personalpages.tds.net/~mmcdowell/birdDEJU3.html

Singing:

http://personalpages.tds.net/~mmcdowell/birdDEJU4.html