I checked out the large field on N. Montgomery Rd. (prior to reaching
the park entrance) at 7:00 this morning and there were 12+
singing Henslow's Sparrows.  These were birds that I could
hear while driving slowly on N. Montgomery Rd. towards the
park entrance.  There are probably many more birds back in the
field away from the road.  It is not necessary to enter the field
as the birds can be seen and heard right from the edge of the
road.

Wally George
Cedar Hill