Hi,
  We had a great time in St. Louis this weekend and got in some good birding
on Saturday.  Thanks to Mike Brady and John Solodar for leading the field
trip at Castlewood SP, and to Charlene Malone for letting us know about the
trip!

    Our personal highlights from 4/17 in St. Louis county:
--Several first-of-the-year White-Throated Sparrows signing in Creve Coeur
first thing in the         morning--no alarm clocks necessary.
--Many first of the year birds at Castlewood: Northern Parula, Fish Crow,
Yellow-Throated Warbler, Louisiana Waterthrush, Broad-Winged Hawk, and
Red-Shouldered Hawk.
--All of the above were new additions to our St. Louis county list, along
with Pileated Woodpecker, Wood Duck, and Ruby-Crowned Kinglet.
--First of the year Eastern Kingbird and Common Nighthawk in Charlack near
nightfall.

Great to see our first warblers of the spring and meet some great St. Louis
birders!

Thanks,
Harley, Sarah, Benton and Henry Winfrey
Clinton, KS