This morning at Bluff Woods CA, Buchanan County, I got first of year Wood
Thrush calling. Also, for the first time ever, saw chicks of the American
Woodcock variety being led to safer cover by mama woodcock. A Broad-wing Hawk flew
overhead with a small snake in its beak. It landed somewhere in the woods and I
did not see it again.

On Lake Contrary I observed @20 Franklin's Gulls, some of them sporting the
rosy hue on their breasts.

Larry Lade