Dear All,
I just returned from two hours of pretty intense birding at Tower Grove Park
(10 a.m. - noon).  There's an American bittern in the Gady Bird Garden about
50 feet east of the bubbler, sitting in a tree about 25 feet up (above a
Redbud tree).  It was there a half-hour ago.  Also, in the "tree bark" area,
about 150 yards east of the garden, I had a huge mixed flock of many birds
which included Worm-eating warbler, Blue-winged warbler, Black-and-white
warbler, Northern Parula and White-eyed vireo.  Had a Broad-winged hawk
overhead and a Peregrine whizz by just above the trees.  Miissed the Hooded
and Nashville warblers that were seen by the bubbler earlier.
Brien Meilleur