In a message dated 4/2/2004 12:23:07 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Fellow Birders,
>
> Headed afield this a.m. to check out migration activity at Grindstone Nature
> Area in Columbia.  Entered Grindstone from Capen and walked around the first
> field :
>
> Blue-gray gnatcatcher
> Louisiana waterthrush
> Ruby-crown kinglet
> Eastern Towhee
> ...and the usual suspects
>
> Enjoy your weekend,
> Chadwick
>
> Chadwick Rittenhouse
> Ashland, Boone County, MO

Being in the northern part of the state, we are usually a week or two behind
the rest of you in picking up the migrants moving north. However, we have had
Ruby-crowned Kinglet and Louisiana Waterthrush for a couple of days now. And I
got my first of the year Eastern Towhee today. All these were found at Bluff
Woods CA, just south of St.Joseph on highway 59. I have not seen the Blue-gray
Gnatcatcher this year yet.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, Buchanan County